DIPLOMA IN PRE-SCHOOL EDUCATION (DPSE)
The DPSE curriculum aims at enabling the prospective teachers to:
- understand the rights and developmental needs of children from conception to the age of 8 years and develop critical insight into the interdependence of child development and learning.
- understand, analyze and reflect on the significance of early childhood care and education from an integrated perspective as an instrument for narrowing social equity gaps and be able to perceive its close linkage with early primary education.
- be able to implement age and developmentally appropriate methods of teaching during early childhood years.
- be sensitive to the learning and development needs of all children, including those who belong to diverse and marginalized communities on the basis of gender, socioeconomic status, caste/class, religion and disabilities to ensure an inclusive and contextualized learning environment for all.
- understand the concept and importance of school readiness particularly from the epistemological perspective of education of mathematics, science and language and early literacy and its contribution in ensuring a smooth transition for children from preschool to primary by being able to provide appropriate learning opportunities and experiences.
- networking with parents, community and government organizations, non government organizations and other organizations to generate awareness and seek their involvement in ECCE programmes.
DIPLOMA IN ELEMENTARY EDUCATION (D.EL.ED.)
D.EL.ED. is a diploma-level course that can be pursued after 12. D.EL.ED. is a two-years course that is focused on child education. D.EL.ED. trains aspirants to teach the students belonging to the primary/upper primary level. The D.EL.ED. syllabus deals with subjects like Childhood and the development of children, Contemporary society, Pedagogy of environmental studies, and many more.